Student Learning - Student Success - Students Prepared for Life
Welcome to the Cardinal Family!
Student Learning … Student Success … Students Prepared for Life is our vision statement and reflects a promise that each student leaves our school system prepared for college and career. Through strong partnerships with our community, students participate in a safe and supportive learning environment where each student is uniquely prepared and thrives academically, socially, and personally. Our learning environment consists of an early childhood center, five elementary schools (K-5), a middle school (6-8), and a high school (9-12).
South Sioux City Community Schools has a population of approximately 3850 students. Diversity is a strength we nurture and offers real-world experiences that prepare students for a global marketplace. Our students are excellent ambassadors of the school district and they represent the kind of servant leadership that positively contributes back to the community of South Sioux City. Cardinal Christmas Baskets, Cardinal Mentors, and Student Advisory Groups are all examples of leaders in action.
Our family of educators work in collaboration to ensure all students achieve at high levels of learning. In professional learning communities, teams of teachers identify what each student should know and be able to do well, agree on the level of performance students are expected to exhibit, and collect evidence that informs them that students are achieving at high levels of learning. Together, through our collaborative efforts, we continuously strive for a culture where academic excellence is the norm and that academic excellence defines who we are.
We hope you will take some time to explore the district’s website to see the wealth of information we offer our guests. The district’s curriculum, individual school profiles, and examples of our students’ performance are illustrated throughout the entire website. Please call our district office or any of our schools with questions you have about the programs we offer students.
- Zombie Attack 5K fundraiser for the SSC Softball Team - October 25 [Registration & Waiver]
- High School Winter Sports Parent/Player Meeting: Sunday, Nov. 16th at 6 p.m. in the HS Little Theater - 6 p.m.: athletes/parents of those who DID NOT play a fall sport; 6:30 p.m.: ALL athletes/parents
- 200th anniversary of “The Star-Spangled Banner” - High School Cube - YouTube
- Traffic Safety Message for Students, Parents and Drivers
- Statewide Vision Priorities - Northeast Nebraska Superintendents
- Accountability for a Quality Education System, Today and Tomorrow - A QuESTT for Nebraska!
- College & Career Readiness – Connecting with the Community & Business Partners
- District Facility Study Information
- District Planning Process
- Cardinal Sports Schedule on RiverCitiesConference.org (R-School)
- Click here for Live Videos
- School News YouTube Channel - School News Episode 10-24-14
WG Pancake on a Stick
(6-12 Grade only)
Choice of 2 WG Cereal
Jelly / Margarine
Fruit Juice, Milk
NO SCHOOL K-5
Middle School Lunch
Lo Mein Noodles
Choice of Fruit
High School Lunch
Lo Mein Noodles
Choice of Fruit