MAP Testing Information
One Size Doesn’t Fit All
Each child learns differently. So we developed computerized adaptive assessments that test differently, allowing teachers to see their students as individuals – each with their own base of knowledge.
Tests That Adapt to the Student
NWEA Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®) tests present students with engaging, age-appropriate content. As a student responds to questions, the test responds to the student, adjusting up or down in difficulty.
The result is a rewarding experience for the student, and a wealth of detailed information for teachers, parents and administrators.
Powered By Data
The underlying data driving the assessment ensures remarkable accuracy, based on over 24 million assessments given over our 30+ years. Our equal-interval RIT scale increases the stability, providing grade-independent analysis of a child's learning.
For educators, it means at last having timely information that, used well, can change the course of a student's school year — and life.
MAP Testing Links:
- Proctor / Teacher Login: https://teach.mapnwea.org/
- Quick Reference Guide to MAPS testing
- 2011 Normative Data (PDF) - compare class- or grade-level to schools across the country
- Proctor Quick Start Help / Training Video (9 min.)
- Proctor Tools - How to prepare and interrupt testing (13 min)
- Proctor Help Center
- Show me step-by-step
- MAP Introduction Video
- MAP PodCast by Tracy & Lance (10 min)
Additional Resources for Parents:
- *Youtube Video- Video / TechCast for Teachers explaining the Individual Student Progress Report (30 min.)
- *The above video is the compilation of the individual YouTube videos listed below.
- Online Individual Student Progress Report Text Format
- Online Individual Student Progress Report Graphic Format
- *Youtube Video - Individual Student Progress Report Explained by Dr. Heilman (10 min.)
- Parent Toolkit- A Guide to NWEA Assessments <Spanish Document>
- *Youtube Video - Parent Toolkit explained by Dr. Heilman (1 min.)
- Stategies for Parents and Students for Improving Reading, Writing and Math Skills (Spanish Document)
- *Youtube Video - Strategies Packet for Parents and Student explained by Dr. Heilman (2 min.)
- *Youtube Video -
Lexile.com - Lexile Measures Help Readers Grow, and Help Parents and Teachers Know
A Lexile measure is a valuable piece of information about either an individual's reading ability or the difficulty of a text, like a book or magazine article. The Lexile measure is shown as a number with an "L" after it — 880L is 880 Lexile. (more... )