Graduation Ceremony for the Class of 2021
To the parents, guardians, and seniors of the graduating class of South Sioux City High School:
We are pleased to inform you that the Graduation Ceremony for the Class of 2021 will be held in person on May 16, 2021 at South Sioux City High School. We are excited to host the ceremonies in our Mini Dome. Due to the ongoing public health crisis, we have several criteria in place to ensure the safety of our students, families, staff, and community.
- Two (2) separate ceremonies will be held on May 16th. Students will participate in the ceremony based upon the beginning letter of their last name and their school counselor.
Tickets and Parking Passes:
- Each graduating student will receive ten (10) tickets.
- To ensure proper social distancing measures, only ten (10) guests per student will be admitted. Babies and children will require a ticket.
- Each graduating student will receive a packet with their tickets enclosed.
Arrival and Departure:
- All guests are required to enter Door #25 and use the parking lot on the west side of the building.
- Each ceremony will start promptly at the designated time. Please make every effort to arrive ahead of time to ensure a dignified ceremony for our students and families. The doors to the ceremony will be closed at the beginning of each ceremony and no entry will be allowed once the ceremony has begun. We recommend that you arrive one hour prior to the ceremony in order to ensure entry.
- Once the ceremony has finished, students will exit and take care of the checkout process with school staff. Parents are welcome to wait for their student in the parking lot, but will be asked to exit the premises immediately after the ceremony so we can clean and set up properly for the next ceremony or take down.
- All guests will exit Door #32. This door will lead you to the south end of the parking lot on the west side of the building.
- All students will arrive at the High School 90 minutes prior to the start of their ceremony.
- Student will park in the east parking lot and enter the school using Door #11.
- Students will need their cap, gown, and any honor cords that they earned.
- All students, guests, and staff are encouraged to practice strict social distancing processes before, during, and after the ceremony.
- Please sit with only the people that you arrived with and/or family members.
- Masks will be required at all times for staff, students, and guests throughout the ceremony. We ask that everyone sanitizes their hands upon entering the building.
- All guests will need to present a ticket upon entry into the facility.
- All ceremonies will be live streamed using a link from www.ssccardinals.org.
We are grateful for your continued partnership and look forward to celebrating the Class of 2021!
Principal, South Sioux City High School