SSC TeamMates to Resume In-person Mentoring
On behalf of the South Sioux City TeamMates Board and South Sioux City Schools Administration, I am happy to announce that we will allow in-person mentoring for all mentors and students to resume on February 1, 2021.
Returning to in-person mentoring is crucial to fulfilling the mission of the TeamMates organization. Our goal is for as many mentoring relationships to return to TeamMates meetings as they were prior to COVID-19 restrictions. We understand that some mentors may be hesitant to return to in-person visits at this time. If you are a mentor who would like to delay your return to in-person meetings, please email me to discuss additional options. The TeamMates portal is still an option as we continue to experience the COVID-19 pandemic. While we are excited to allow our mentors to return and reconnect with their students, the following guidelines must be followed.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask when in school buildings and while on school property. Masks will not be provided, so please bring your own.
- You will be required to sign a COVID-19 waiver when entering the building
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, test positive, or are feeling ill, you should not enter a school building for mentoring.
- Games and activities can proceed, but we ask that you wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer before and after these activities.
- Mentors should contact Mike Singer for student schedules, as well as teacher contact information to set up a time to meet with their student.
As a reminder, mentors are asked to sign in when visiting with their student. This sign in includes signing in as a visitor in the building, in addition to documenting your TeamMates visit in the TeamMates binder located in each building’s office.
Thank you for your commitment to our local program.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.