Temporary 4-day school week for all students
Due to an all-time high in medical/illness related absentee rates and to ensure optimal operations for staff, we are providing an important update:
Effective this Monday, January 24, 2022, South Sioux City Community School District will be moving to a temporary 4-day school week for all students. This will be in place for the next three weeks.
There will be no school on the following dates:
- Monday, January 24, 2022
- Monday, January 31, 2022
- Monday, February 7, 2022
Students will not attend or have class on those days.
Staff will report as normal to buildings. We recognize planning time has been lost throughout the week as staff cover for each other during their prep periods. We are grateful to our staff for stepping up during this time.
- In-person learning will continue Tuesday through Friday. On Mondays there will be no virtual or in-person classroom instruction. Students can use this time to recover and prepare for the week.
- Teachers will use a majority of the time on Mondays to prep. We will follow our regular Monday PLC schedule in the afternoons. There will be no District PD scheduled for these days.
- Classified staff will also report on Mondays. Please check in with the office when you arrive. Tasks may include teacher assistance, office help, sanitation needs, etc.
- Individual buildings may have a Monday staff meeting as determined by the building administrator. These will be less than an hour in duration.
- All activities will remain as scheduled unless otherwise notified by the hosting building.
We appreciate our staff, families, as well as our students, for their flexibility and desire to succeed. Please understand the intent of these short term adjustments is to reach our long term goal of finishing the year with in-person learning. We appreciate our community for the sacrifices they’ve made for the collective good of our students. We appreciate the resolute and resilient nature of our staff for what they do to make this district strong.
South Sioux City Community School District will continue to monitor and evaluate the schedule and provide an update to the community on or before February 4, 2022 with a decision on whether or not this protocol will extend.