Guidance & Scholarships
- SSC High School Registration Guide for 2022-2023
- Guide to Filling out FAFSA and Financial Aid
- Guide to Scholarships and Essay Writing
- 2020 Scholarship Winners as Printed in the SC Journal
- Bullying Informational Handout for Parents [Spanish]
- ACT Club - Honoring Students that received a Score of 27 or higher on the ACT Test
|September 11, 2021||August 6, 2021|
|October 23, 2021||September 17, 2021|
|December 11, 2021||November 5, 2021|
|February 12, 2022||January 7, 2022|
|April 2, 2022||February 25, 2022|
|June 11, 2022||May 6, 2022|
|July 16, 2022||June 17, 2022|
2021-2022 Guidance Office College Visits: (Juniors / Seniors Welcomed)
More to come soon!
College Fair: September 16, 2021, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at SSC High School
PSAT Test: Wednesday, October 13, 2021
(Top 25% Juniors & Top 20% Sophomores)
Note: Students must sign up to take this test and pay a $17 fee
VIRUTAL FINANCIAL AID MEETING: The 2021 Version will be recorded & shared out through the website
Click here to watch a recording of the 2020 Financial Aid Meeting on YouTube
ACT Test for All Juniors: Tuesday, April 5, 2022
Apply for FAFSA ID at www.fsaid.ed.gov After October 1, complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
Students can file their 2021-2022 FAFSA on the web starting October 1st. The website is www.studentaid.gov.
Both student and one parent will need an FSA ID. FSA ID’s can be obtained at www.fsaid.ed.gov and can be requested now.
Please have students use their personal email accounts; NOT their high school emails.
When completing the FAFSA online, students and parents will need to use the IRS Data Retrieval. Using the IRS Data Retrieval will ensure the correct information is being inputted on the FAFSA and will prevent verification delays.
HS Parent-Teacher Conferences:
September 15th, 2021, 4:00pm-7:00pm
November 10th, 2021, 8:00am-7:00pm
February 9th, 2022, 4:00pm-7:00pm
April 6th, 2022, 8:00am-7:00pm
VALUABLE WEB SITES
South Sioux City Community Schools
American College Foundation - College Planning
ACT for Students
Federal Student Aid (fsaid)
Federal Student Aid (fafsa)
FinAid (Financial Aid)
NCAA Eligibility Center
Nebraska Career Connections
Tuition Funding Sources
2021 Sr Scholarship Form for Sioux City Journal (PDF Version) - Due: Wednesday, April 28, 2021
ACTIVE Scholarships / ACTIVE Scholarships / ACTIVE Scholarships:
Letter of Recommendation Request Form
SSC Athletic Booster Club-Kavanaugh Memorial Scholarship / Deadline: April 1, 2022 / Participated in at least 2 sports all 4 years of high school / Cover Letter-Info. & Application (Word) or Cover Letter-Info. & Application (PDF)
Leo B. Riley Family Scholarship / Deadline: Completed application returned to Security National Bank by February 28, 2022 at PO Box 147, Sioux City, Iowa 51102 / Information & Application (PDF)
Wayne State College Career Scholars Cooperative Education Program Scholarship / Deadline: February 1, 2022 / Additional Information Online and Informative Document (PDF)
Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation Scholarship / Deadline: 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (4:00 Central Time), Wednesday, Jan., 26, 2022 / More info online at coolidgesholars.org, Information (PDF)
Nebraska Insurance Federation and Nebraska Actuaries Club Scholarships / Deadline: March 31, 2022 / Info, Qualifications & Application (PDF)
Phil Shanline Scholarship / Deadline: March 15, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. / Info, Rules, & Application (PDF)
Horatio Alger Aksarben Association Scholarship / Deadline: March 15, 2022 / Info & Requirements (PDF) / Online Application
2022 Sydney Loofe Memorial Scholarship / Deadline: April 25, 2022 by 5:00 p.m. / Winner announced May 2022
This Scholarship is in honor of Sydney Loofe, a bright & compassionate young woman that forever changed the lives of those around her. Applicants to the Sydney Loofe Memorial Scholarship must: Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, Be a senior enrolled in a Nebraska High School (Public, Private or Exempt), Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning that will make an impact on the community in the interest of safety, and the desire to protect the vulnerable in the areas (not comprehensive) of: Countering human trafficking, Online safety, & Cyber security. Applicants must be able to demonstrate in their application how their degree can make a difference in the lives of others. Applications and instructions to apply are available online at https://www.setmefreeproject.net/scholarship-opportunity.html.
Kind World - Siouxland Community Foundations Scholarships (Several Scholarship Options) / Various deadlines / https://siouxlandcommunityfoundation.org/scholarships-grants/
Nebraska Society of Professional Engineers Scholarship / Deadline: February 15, 2022 / Need to complete the state scholarship application & include a certified copy of student's transcript / Information Online / Information (PDF)
Nebraska Wesleyan University full-tuition Huge–NWU Scholarship / Deadline is 11:59 p.m. (CST) on December 1, 2021 / Scholarship for outstanding students in all fields is named after its founders, Harry and Reba Huge (pronounced hue-gee). Worth the effort to apply! One winner receives a full-ride Huge-NWU Scholarship that covers ALL tuition, fees, room and board for four years. Finalists receive $16,000 Huge-NWU Commendation Scholarships ($4,000 x 4 years). Semifinalists receive $4,000 Huge-NWU Recognition Scholarships ($1,000 x 4 years).
- To qualify, a student must:
Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.75 or higher (weighted on 4.0 scale)
Submit the Nebraska Wesleyan University application for admission. Students will create an NWU application account with their email address and a password.
Submit the Huge-NWU Scholarship Application by 11:59 PM (Central Time) on December 1. To access the scholarship application, students will log in to their NWU application account.
Lutheran Family Services of NE / Smith Diversity Scholarship / Deadline: January 15, 2022 / FAQs & Application
- Eligibility: (1) Resident of Nebraska at time of graduation, (2) Show Financial Need (a low-income family whose household annual income is less than $65,000 annually), and (3) Preference will be given to applicants from disadvantaged ethnic backgrounds that do not identify as Caucasian. Smith Scholarship to provide $25,000 per-year scholarships towards a college education. Scholarship is intended to fund a college education at the institution of the recipient's choice and is not limited to Nebraska-based universities/colleges. Seven (7) students will be selected & awarded scholarships to graduating seniors from low-income, minority families who are NE residents. Students will be required to maintain a 3.4 GPA or higher each semester to renew their scholarships each year for up to four years. Students interested in trade or vocational schools are also eligible to apply and will be awarded $12,500 per year, renewable for up to two years. More information and the application can be found here. Questions regarding the Smith Diversity Scholarship, please contact Megan McDowell at or call 402-681-7024.
Peter Kiewit Foundation Engineering Academy Scholarship @ UNO or UNL
Application opens November 1, 2021 & the Deadline is February 1, 2022 / Program Overview & Financial Benefits Info. (PDF)
- This scholarship program is for incoming freshman students with financial need who want to pursue careers in engineering, computing, or construction at UNO or UNL, and are committed to the advancement of women in engineering in the state of Nebraska. Our goal is to recruit and retain 40 students into the program each year.
The program includes a renewable full-ride scholarship (tuition & fees), room & board, equipment (laptop with software), program expenses, & a fully staffed learning community environment with exclusive seminar courses, success coaching, industry professional mentors, service and outreach projects, and support of a faculty fellows network. This is an amazing opportunity for students who want to enter these career fields! Mr. Kiewit had a passion for helping young girls and women succeed in their education & gained his wealth in the construction industry. We are confident that he would be proud of this new program & excited about the possibilities it presents to increase gender diversity in the workforce and a sense of belonging for women in engineering, computing, & construction.
The student application opens November 1st and the deadline is February 1, 2022. Applicants will need to apply and be accepted to the College of Engineering prior to applying for this scholarship. Please share this information with the youth you serve who may have an interest in these fields of study, and anyone in your network who knows youth who would be interested in this opportunity. To find out more about the program, visit the Academy website at pkfacademy.unl.edu Questions should be directed to: Bonnie Martin, Director of Engineering Scholar Programs, University of Nebraska, (402) 472-7073,
Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards / Deadline: November 14, 2021 / Visit hhfyouthawards.com.
Now entering its 23rd year, the Youth Awards honors Latinx high school seniors who excel in the classroom and community and for their excellence in various categories including: Business & Entrepreneurship, Community Service, Education, Engineering, Green Sustainability, Healthcare & Science, Media & Entertainment, Public Service & Social Justice, Sports & Fitness and Technology.
- ABOUT YOUTH AWARDS
The Youth Awards was founded in 1998 by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation. Now entering its 23rd year, the Youth Awards honors Latino high school seniors who excel in the classroom and community and for their excellence in various categories including: Business & Entrepreneurship, Community Service, Education, Engineering, Green Sustainability, Healthcare & Science, Media & Entertainment, Public Service & Social Justice, Sports & Fitness and Technology. Gold, Silver and Bronze recipients are selected in each category and receive a one-time grant to fund their college education or to fund a community service effort that tackles a social issue. Once selected, recipients will be celebrated in 10 virtual ceremonies and will become part of our broader HHF network of 200,000 professionals and fulfill our unique cycle of leadership where we meet America's priorities in the classroom and workforce. The Youth Awards program is the main pipeline to Hispanic Heritage Foundation's (HHF) system of talent that prepares and positions Latino youth through the award-winning Latinos On Fast Track (LOFT) program as they transition from high school, to college, to graduate school, and into their careers
Be currently enrolled in high school and graduating in the spring of 2022
Must have a minimum unweighted 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or 7.5 on a 10.0 scale
Must enroll at an accredited higher education institution in 2022-2023
Be of Hispanic heritage (includes Spain, Brazil, Philippines)
If selected, attendance to virtual regional awards ceremony is mandatory
Be a U.S. permanent resident, U.S. citizen, or qualify under the DACA
The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation Scholarship / Deadline: February 1, 2022 before 5 pm CST / Scholarship Information, Eligibility & Application Requirements
Davis Chambers Scholarship / Deadline April 1, 2022 / Application Packet - Word Format (type in the doc) or Adobe PDF Version
World Food Prize Nebraska Youth Institute Scholarship
Deadline: Register & Submit Paper by February 1, 2022
Details at: https://www.worldfoodprize.org/en/youth_programs/global_youth_institute/nebraska/?nodeID=87686&audienceID=1 / Information & Writing Guide (PDF)
Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship / Deadline November 15, 2021 / Details at https://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/mvs.cfm or contact your local Elks Lodge by visiting https://www.elks.org/lodges/ Eligibility requirements are to be a high school senior and a U.S. Citizen.
500 Four-Year Scholarships will be awarded.
WSC Art & Design Scholarships / Apply Here / Due December 1,2021 For more information about our Art and Design programs click Here
Northeast Community College Online Scholarship Applications can be accessed Here / Application is open October 1, 2021 - March 1, 2022 / First step for being eligible for a Northeast scholarship is to APPLY to Northeast Community College. For most of the scholarships offered at Northeast, just one scholarship application is required. Scholarship Application Page. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact our Financial Aid Office.
Hagan Scholarship / Deadline: 5:00 p.m. CST, December 1, 2021 / Info. & Scholarship Access at Hagan Scholarship Foundation
- The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship, designed to provide each recipient with the opportunity to Graduate College Debt-Free. Recipients Requirements of a Hagan Scholarship will a citizen of the United States, graduate from an eligible public high school located in a county having fewer than 50,000 residents or from a remote rural public high school located in a larger county, have a 3.75 cumulative GPA, enroll at an eligible four-year college or university the first semester following high school, must work 240 hours during the twelve months prior to fall semester college enrollment, must provide FAFSA SAR showing the EFC, must be Pell Grant eligible, Must apply for Federal & State grants (if eligible), and must not have been convicted of a felony. There is NO Application Fee. Hagan Scholarship recipients are high achieving, self-motivated students who will require substantial financial assistance to attend college. The Hagan Scholarship provides up to $48,000 over four years. Over 2,400 Hagan Scholarships have been awarded to date, 600 more scholarships will be awarded in April 2022. The award of a Hagan Scholarship can be life changing for many recipients. The Application Deadline is 5:00 PM CST, December 1, 2021.
TeamMates Central Office Scholarships: Deadline: Saturday, January 15, 2022 no later than 11:59 PM (CST) / https://teammates.org/for-mentees/scholarships/ They have a new partnership with USD this year. If a student is awarded this scholarship, it will cover half of their housing costs for up to four years.
Goodrich Scholarship Application at the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO): The Goodrich Scholarship Program application period is currently open, and the application closes March 1, 2022 at 5:00PM (CST). Applicants can apply online at https://goodrich.smapply.org. The EPPE is all online and is required for all Goodrich applicants (we use this as baseline data). Directions for this process can be reviewed at http://www.unomaha.edu/enrollment-management/testing-center/placement-exams/english-placement-proficiency-exam.php. Applicants must have their UNO NetID credentials (username and password) to register for this ONLINE free exam. February 18, 2022 is the FINAL ONLINE EPPE date that will be accepted for Goodrich applicants. Planning ahead is essential for processing. Goodrich Scholarship Program Application Process Sheet | Additional Goodrich Scholarship Information
Wayne State College Rural Health Opportunities Program (RHOP) Scholarship / Deadline Dec. 1, 2021, Going into the medical field & attend WSC: Info and How to Apply
Wayne State College Rural Law Opportunities Program (RLOP) Scholarship / Deadline Dec. 1, 2021, Going into the legal field & attend WSC: Info and How to Apply
Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation / Details at Cokeurl.com/scholarships. Each year, the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation awards 150 college scholarships worth $20,000 to high school students across the United States through the Coca-Cola Scholars Program. Students need a 3.0 GPA and to fill out an online application that requires no essays, no recommendations, and no transcripts by October 31, 2021, at 5 p.m. Eastern (4 p.m. Central). We want your school to have a Coke Scholar this year! To share the application for this $20,000 scholarship for high school seniors in your area, access the School Marketing Toolkit, which includes: a printable PDF flyer, a selection timeline, a press release template, sample social media posts, photos and videos to use in your posts. If any other materials would be helpful, let us know. The 2021-22 application is open to high school seniors until 5 p.m. Eastern (4 p.m. Central) on October 31, 2021. Details at Cokeurl.com/scholarships.
Heisman High School Scholarship / The Heisman High School Scholarship program honors hundreds of the nation’s most accomplished, community-minded high school senior athletes each year. This year, the college scholarship amounts have been doubled, increasing support for each student-athlete’s education. The program will recognize a winner from each high school that has student participation. The top male and female applicants from each state will be awarded $1,000. State winners will move on for the chance to become a national finalist and win at least $2,000. Of the national finalists, a male and a female will be selected as the winner of the $10,000 National Heisman High School Scholarship. Information (PDF) / Online Information & Application
INACTIVE Scholarships / INACTIVE Scholarships / INACTIVE Scholarships / INACTIVE Scholarships
2021 Nebraska Coaches Association-Country Inn & Suites Scholarship / Deadline: April 15, 2021 / PDF Link or Word Link
Ellevation Scholarship / Deadline: May 14, 2021 / We are awarding five $2,000 scholarships to deserving EL students so they may pursue their higher education. Information & Application
UNL STEM Scholarhip / Deadline: June 9, 2021 / Information & Application Link (Once there click on "STEM Scholarship Application")
Sioux City Retired Educators Scholarship / Deadline: April 16, 2021 / Requirements & Application
Home Builders’ Association of Greater Siouxland’s Professional Women in Building Scholarship / Deadline: 4:30 p.m. on March 26, 2021 / Information & Scholarship Application Online or Scholarship PDF Version
ASQ Section 1302 Phil Shanline Scholarship / Deadline: March 15, 2021 / Offer three scholarships in the amount of $2500 each. Scholarships are open to all person(s) seeking a postsecondary education in Nebraska or the states identified. Only applicant criteria is that they must have a 2.0 GPA & must live in or being going to school in NE, KS, SD, IA, CO. Requirements & Application
NECC Music Department is proud to announce the virtual Northeast Young Musicians Competition / A safe alternative for your soloists to perform & receive feedback before your district music contest. Solo competition includes instrumental (including piano) & vocal categories. Entry form & requirements may be accessed here. Competitors need to complete the entry form, upload their video & music no later than March 6, 2021. After solos have been appraised, the top 2 winners for each grade level (in each category) will be acknowledged. Seniors will be eligible for a drawing for two $1,000.00 scholarships to Northeast Community College. Contest Rules: • Video submissions are required • Six-minute maximum time limit for solos • Literature: No pop music • Accompaniment for songs that call for it • Vocal solos must be memorized • A PDF of the solo music must accompany the video • Appropriate dress for a contest performance • Results will be posted on March 18, 2021 after our live-stream awards at 1:00 p.m. Entry for the competition will require: Student name, address, email, phone number, shirt size, grade level, school, instrument or voice type, accompanist (where applicable), music teacher's name, title of solo, composer of solo, video recording, and PDF of solo.
The Nylen School of Nursing at Morningside College / Deadline: Return before March 18, 2021 / $1,000 Nursing Scholarship to an incoming nursing student who will pursuing a bachelor of science in nursing degree at Morningside starting in August of 2021. Nursing Scholarship will be awarded at the 39th Annual Maud Adams Nursing Research Day on April 14, 2021. Student will present virtually for the Maud Adams Event April 14th to be recognized for the award. Scholarship criteria include the student’s academic and co-curricular achievement and his or her potential for professional nursing practice. Scholarship Application ( Word / PDF ) & Invitation to Maud Adams Event ( Word / PDF )
Lincoln Builders Bureau Scholarship / Deadline: April 1, 2021 (postmarked no later than April 1) / Requirements & Application
SSC Optimist Club Scholarship / Deadline: March 30, 2021 / Character, Activities / Info. & Application (PDF) or Word Version
Tyson Foods Fresh Meats Scholarship / Deadline: To Tyson Plant HR Office by April 2, 2021 / Information, Requirements & Application
Security National A.G. & Rosalee Ireland Scholarship / Deadline: To HS Counselor by April 9, 2021 / Mrs. Aitken has printed applications in the Guidance Office / Info., Qualifications, Procedures, & Application
James M. Cox Foundation Scholarship / Deadline: Postmarked on or before April 15, 2021 / The Foundation awards $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors in Nebraska who will attend a Nebraska-based institution of higher learning in the 2021-2022 academic year & who demonstrate acute need, with special emphasis on those students in the eastern third of the state / James Cox Mission, High Emphasis Counties, & Application
Salvation Army DJ Hero’s Award / Deadline: March 8th, 2021 / Awarding fifteen (15) $10,000 scholarships for Nebraska High School Seniors that show perseverance in facing unusual challenges, leaders in their community & strive for success. This application is a bit different as it requires an adult to nominate the student by completing the application. Both the nominator & the student must write a statement to support the case for the student to be deserving of the scholarship. Eligibility Requirements & Application here: https://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/omaha/djs-hero-awards/
EducationQuest Reaching Your Full Potential Scholarship / Deadlines: Student info by March 15, 2021 & Student complete online application by April 1, 2021 / Scholarship for low-income Nebraska students who face significant obstacles to get to college but show great potential to succeed. Must attend a post-secondary institution in the state of Nebraska.
Details on eligibility: https://www.educationquest.org/professionals/ryp/
For students to apply for this scholarship, they must be referred by an agency or school partner (TeamMates can refer 2 students per TeamMates Chapter). If you feel you have any students that meet the qualifications & would like me (Mike Singer) to refer them, please send me the following information prior to March 15th. Following a referral, the student will need to complete the online application by April 1, 2021. Share: (1) Student’s First and Last name (2) Home Address, City & State (3) Students’ personal e-mail address - DO NOT USE A SCHOOL E-MAIL ADDRESS (4) Student’s phone number
John Baxter Carriage House Foundation Scholarship / Deadline: Friday, April 2, 2021 / Requirements, Info., & Application
Nebraska Press Assocation Scholarship / Scholarship App postmarked by March 26, 2021 / Information Letter & Application
Siouxland Officials Association Sportsmanship Scholarships / Deadline to submit: Friday, March 26, 2021 / Requirements, Info., & Application PDF Version / Word Version
Chief Standing Bear Scholarship / Deadline: March 15, 2021 / Support post-secondary education for American Indian students enrolled in a tribe and able to provide proof of tribal affiliation. Award $2,500 minimum (multiple awards) / Application Online
Cottonwood Community Improvement Scholarship/NCIP Scholarship / Deadline: March 26, 2021 / 1 - $250.00 Scholarship. Requirements: Graduating senior, live in Dakota City, NE, & volunteered time at two (2) clubs/events/organizations in Dakota City / Application (PDF) or Application (Word)
Dakota City Fire Department Robert Krause Scholarship / Deadine: March 29, 2021 / Must be resident of the Dakota City Fire District, includes Dakota City, Jackson area, Atokad area, & Tompkins area / Application (PDF) or Application (Word)
Iowa Gamma Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa Scholarship / Deadline: Application received no later than April 1, 2021 / Female HS Sr., pursue degree in education, counselor nominates / Scholarship Info. (Word) & Scholarship Info. (PDF)
2021 NAC/NIF Actuarial Scholarship / Deadline: Application must be received no later than March 31, 2021. / Nebraska Actuaries Club has approved the following scholarships —two for $4,000 and three for $2,000 / Info. and Application
Keenan, Don Memorial Math & Science / Due: April 5, 2021 / Study in the Math/Science Area, Character, Leadership / Application
NE School Counselor Associtation Scholarship / Deadline: March 15, 2021 / Three (3) $500 scholarships to HS seniors whose school counselor is an NSCA member. One scholarship to a senior from a Class A high school, one from a Class B high school & one from a Class C/D high school. Application
Larson Family Memorial Scholarship / Deadline: April 1, 2021 / Must major in math or technology / Adobe PDF Version OR Word Version / Email to Mrs. Tammy Aitken
SSC Music Boosters Scholarship / Deadline: 3-30-21 / Participate in high school music or band / Application
SSC High School Cheerleading Scholarship / Deadline: 3-30-21 / senior cheerleader / Application
SSC Police Officers Assoc Scholarship / Deadline: 4-1-21 / Character and answer questions / Application
Walsh Family Scholarship / Deadline: 4-2-21 / Participate in at least 2 sports each year / Application in Word or Application in PDF
A.F. Al Brooks Memorial Golf Scholarship / Due date: 4-12-21 / Senior member of the Boys Golf team / Application
SSC Education Assoc. Scholarship / Due 4-12-21 / Academic & Character / Application
Margaret Wolf Music Scholarship / Deadline: April 21, 2021 / Continue in music field / Info & Application (PDF) or Word Version
Common Scholarship / Deadline: March 22, 2021 / Info & Application
* Cardinal Educational Found. (Top 10% of class)
* Cardinal Elementary PTA
* Covington Elementary PTA
* Dakota City Elementary PTA
* Images by Andrea Scholarship
* Lewis & Clark Elementary Scholarship
* Sherry Slaughter Memorial Scholarship
* SSC Kiwanis Scholarship
* PEO Chapter DE Scholarship
Harney Elementary Scholarship / Deadline: March 31, 2021 / Attended Harney K-5 / Application (PDF) or Word Version
2021 TeamMates Local Scholarship / Deadline: April 9, 2021 / Active in TeamMates for a minimum of two years / Requirements & Application
Omaha Archidiocesan Council of Catholic Women (OACCW) Scholarship / Deadline: February 15, 2021 / Requirements, Info., & Application
NE Society of Mayflower Descendants-Burt & Becky Whedon Memorial Scholarship / Application submitted in ONE .pdf file no later than March 31, 2021 to / $1,620 to a HS senior, attend an accredited 4-year college or university during 21-22 academic year. Resident of Nebraska & a U.S. citizen. Applicants evaluated by a written essay, GPA & class rank, ACT or SAT scores, honors received, school or volunteer activities, employment, demonstrated leadership & a letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor. Mayflower ancestry is NOT a requirement. / About the Scholarship / Scholarship Application
Siouxland Community Foundations Scholarships (Several Options) / Various deadlines / http://www.siouxlandcommunityfoundation.org
- Kind World Foundation Scholarship / Deadline: 12 Noon, Feb. 1, 2021 / Multiple Recipients, Amount of Scholarship ranges $2,500-$40,000
- Col. V. Thomas Considine Scholarship / Deadline: 2-15-21 / Parent/guardian in the 185th Air Guard, Amount of Scholarship is $500
- Jonathan David Phillips Performing Arts Memorial Scholarship / Deadline: 2-15-21 / Future participation in or a career in the performing arts or teaching performing arts, Amount of Scholarship is $500
- Flight Crew (United 232) Scholarship / Deadline: 2-15-21 / Must be attending Briar Cliff, Morningside, St. Luke’s School of Nursing or WITCC in the medical field, Multiple Recipients, Amount of Scholarship is $2,500
- Great West Casualty Company Scholarship / Deadline: 2-15-21 / Parent/guardian must be an employee of Great West, Multiple Recipients, Amount of Scholarship is $1,500
- Empirical Scholarship / 2-15-21 / Minimum 3.0 and 22 ACT, work or volunteer a minimum of 10 hours a week, Multiple Recipients, Amount of Scholarship is $2,000
NE Educational Office Professionals Association (NEOPA) Scholarship / Deadline: January 31, 2021 / Guidelines & Application
Tyler S. Bay Scholarship by BPOE Elks Lodge #112 / Deadline March 16, 2021 / Application (PDF) or Application (Word)
NECC Board of Govenors (BOG) Scholarship, President’s Early Entry Scholarship and the Deans Scholarships / Qualification provided at https://northeast.edu/financial-aid-and-scholarships/scholarships
Wayne State College General Scholarships / Deadline: February 1, 2021 / Scholarships Information & Applications
Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship / Deadline: 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on February 1, 2021 / Provides four-year scholarships of $30,000 & extensive support services, including career guidance & internship placement, to highly motivated African American students who have maintained a 98% college graduation rate / Information & Application Online
Hispanic Heritage Foundation’s (HHF) 2020 Youth Awards / Deadline: Sun., Dec. 6, 2020 / Awards up to $1000 to fund higher education or a community-based project. Recipients selected for their accomplishments in the classroom, community & for their excellence in various educational categories. Apply at www.hhfyouthawards.com. Download info/flyer: http://hhf.page.link/totk
NECC Theatre Dept. Scholarship / Deadline: April 30, 2021 / Scholarship Guidelines and Application
CVA (Central Valley Ag) Scholarship/ $1,000.00 scholarships available to students seeking AG (agriculture) degrees. Apply online at www.cvacoop.com/careers *complete guidelines found online
Aksarben/ Horatio Alger State Scholarship / Deadline October 25, 2020 at 5 p.m. EST / 5 of these scholarships are reserved for TeamMates mentees. However, last year, 12 of our students received this scholarship! Please see the attached document for eligibility and the application process. We have a partnership with Aksarben but this scholarship requires a separate application and is not part of the TeamMates Central Office Scholarship Application. Scholarship Information & Application Process
University of Nebraska @ Omaha Goodrich Scholarship Program / Application Open through March 1, 2021 @ 5 p.m. CST / Scholarship is specifically for students interested in attending University of NE at Omaha. Information, Eligibility & Application Process / Required Materials / Web Link
University of Nebraska Omaha Goodrich Scholarship / Deadline: March 1, 2021 @ 5:00 p.m. (CST) / Information Page 1 & Process Sheet / Applicants can find additional information and apply online at https://goodrich.smapply.org. Unofficial high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores are directly uploaded by the applicant in their Goodrich application account.
- The EPPE is all online and is required for all Goodrich applicants (we use this as baseline data). Directions for this process can be reviewed at http://www.unomaha.edu/enrollment-management/testing-center/placement-exams/english-placement-proficiency-exam.php. Applicants must have their UNO NetID credentials (username and password) to register for this ONLINE free exam. February 19, 2021 is the FINAL ONLINE EPPE date that will be accepted for Goodrich applicants--planning ahead is essential for processing.
Acacia Fraternity Scholarship @ UNL / Deadline: January 31, 2021 / Information & Example of Info Requested / Application Online
Epsilon Sigma Alpha Foundation Scholarship / Due: February 1, 2021 (11p.m. Mountain Time) / Information & Link
Horatio Alger Scholarship / Due: October 26, 2020 / Apply online at scholars.horatioalger.org
Nebraskans for Peace Scholarship / Applications go within the body of an email (not an attachment) to NFPscholarships@gmail.com on or before April 12, 2020. Winners notified no later than April 22 / App. Must Include Info
The McKenna’s Rae of HOPE Character Scholarship ($1,000):There is no student application for this award.
Guidelines / Deadline: April 1, 2020 / Link: https://app.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarship/raeofhope
- Instead, candidates are identified through a nomination process by a nominator and endorser (two different people each writing a letter for the student, both of which must be submitted with the nomination form). Peers, teachers, coaches, employers, etc. are strongly urged to nominate a graduating Nebraska senior that they believe to be living their life as a "Rae of HOPE" - Helping Other People Everyday. You are welcome to pass this information along to faculty or staff at your school who may want to nominate students.
The McKenna's Rae of HOPE Mental Health Field Scholarship ($1,000): This award is available to Nebraska high school seniors who plan to enter the mental health field. In addition, college students majoring in a mental health field may apply.
Guidelines / Deadline: April 1, 2020 / Link: https://app.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarship/mentalhealth
The Roy and Doris Abood Scholarship ($900): This award is available to first-generation college students who plan to attend the University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK) on a full-time basis.
Guidelines / Deadline: April 1, 2020 / Link: https://app.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarship/abood
UNK Pi Kappa Alpha Alumni Scholarship ($250): This award is available to males that will be a full-time freshman or first year student at the University of Nebraska at Kearney in the fall semester 2020.
Guidelines / Deadline: August 30, 2020 / Link: https://app.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarship/unkpikappaalpha
Ellevation Education Scholarship Program / Deadline to apply: March 16, 2020 3:00 pm CT / Senior who has been enrolled as an English Language Learner (ELL) at some point in their K-12 education / Apply on-line: https://www.scholarsapply.org/ellevationeducation/index.php
Ellevation Scholarhip Fund / Deadline: March 16, 2020 @ 3:00 pm CT / (5) $2,000 scholarships / Info., Requirements, & Application
Schubert Club Music Scholarship Award / Auditon for the award will be Tuesday, April 14, 2020 beginning at 12:00 noon at Faith United Presbyterian Church in Morningside / Information & Requirements / Applicaiton
Briar Cliff University-Promise Scholarship / See information below
- The Promise Scholarship will be awarded to 13 incoming freshmen this 2020 fall academic year. It does stack on top of any other BCU academic or music scholarships. Awarded in the following amounts: Freshmen year: $6,500, Sophomore year: $8,000, Junior year: $10,000, & Senior year: $10,000.
Requirements: Not a recipient of an athletic scholarship from BCU, High School GPA of 3.0 or higher, & Maintain a 3.0 GPA while attending BCU
To apply, go to: https://form.jotform.com/82896254548169
In the Short Essay Portion of the applicant, type “ I am applying for the Promise Scholarship.” At this point, there is no deadline for it; however, the sooner students get it in, the better.
Pink Bandana/Breast Cancer Scholarship Application / Deadline: April 1, 2020 / Requirements, Info., & Applicaiton
University of Nebraska-Omaha Scholarships / various due dates / Various scholarships can be found here: https://www.unomaha.edu/admissions/financial-support-and-scholarships/types-of-aid/scholarships/uno.php
Northeast Nebraska Growing Together Cooperative Education Program
- This program supports workforce and economic development in Northeast Nebraska. Students will reside in a community of learners where they receive a prescribed and accelerated curriculum that equips students with the knowledge and soft skills in addition to an opportunity to work in a local business during their senior year. Click here to view the official announcement. Additionally, as a result of generous support, this program includes a scholarship totaling $24,000 over four years. This is an outstanding opportunity for your students to learn, live and grow in Northeast Nebraska. Application deadline is March 1, 2020. Learn more at www.wsc.edu/growtogether
To be considered applicants must:
Be admitted for Fall 2020 (new freshman.) Already admitted? Apply here.
Meet application Deadline of March 1, 2020.
Pursue a major in business, computer science or computer information systems, electronic media, or journalism.
A number of applicants will be selected for an interview to join the first co-hort of students beginning Fall 2020. Should you have questions regarding this program contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-375-7234.
Home Builders Association of Greater Siouxland/ Deadline: 4:30 p.m. on 3-27-2020 / Pursuing study in a building-related program (see info page) / Information & Application
Nebraska Coaches Association / Deadline: 4-15-20 / Must be at least a 2 year participant in 2 sports, GPA 3.75 or Upper 25% of class, must have earned a varsity letter in 2 sports, include 2 letters of recommendations from HS coaches, & Minimum ACT of 24 / Application
Tip Top Tux Scholarship / Deadline: 3-1-20 / Academic achievement, extracurricular activities, financial need & volunteer service in their community / Apply on-line: https://www.tttuxprom.com/scholarships/
Scholarship Available at Briar Cliff University / Deadline: February 6, 2020 / Annual-Endowed Scholarhips, Bishop's Scholarship, Multicultural Leadership, Athletic Scholarhips, and Art & Music Scholarship... along with others / Visit BCU Link for Information & Applications
Morningside College Nursing Scholarship / Deadline: March 13, 2020 / Information & Application
Student-View Scholarhip / Deadline: April 22, 2020 / Information / Application at Student-View
Robert W. Brightfelt Triangle Fraternity Scholarship / Deadline: June 9, 2020 / Benefit STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) focused students who will be attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) / Info. & Applicaiton Link
True Potential Scholarship / Due: March 31, 2020 / Immigants with DACA or TPS status attending or hoping to attend a community college for a technical or academic transfer degree / Information / Application at https://www.truepotentialscholarship.org/
University of Nebraska at Kearney various Scholarships & Deadlines / For more information about these scholarships and for the application links, visit http://www.unk.edu/scholarships
- The Department of Art and Design-Art Scholarships are looking for students who have declared a major in Studio Art, Visual Communications, or Art Education. They will select recipients based on academic status, letter of reference & student portfolios. Application is due February 19, 2020.
- Buckle Excellence Scholarship for Prospective Cyber System Students is looking for incoming freshmen with a 26 ACT (at least a 24 in Math) and who have declared a major in the Department of Cyber Systems. This is due February 28th, 2020. More information available on the UNK Financial Aid website.
- Industrial Distribution High School Scholarship is for high school seniors who are interested in the Industrial Distribution industry. In order to qualify for this scholarship, students must be a senior in high school & have been accepted to the University of Nebraska at Kearney. Their declared major must be Industrial Distribution. Due February 29, 2020.
- Multicultural Community Service Scholarship is for students who have shown the characteristics of leadership in the multicultural community through participation in school & community activities. Due March 1, 2020.
- Maestros del Futuro: Bilingual Educators Scholarship provides awards for the base cost of room and board for four years to students who demonstrate a genuine commitment to becoming a teacher. Recipients will be selected primarily on the basis of academic potential, commitment to pursuing a career in the teaching profession & fluency in Spanish. Applications are due March 1, 2020.
- The Industrial Technology Incoming Freshman Scholarship provides assistance to incoming freshman students pursuing a degree in one of our Industrial Technology programs: Aviation Systems Management, Construction Management, Industrial Distribution, & Information Networking and Telecommunications. Due March 1, 2020.
- The goal of Ron and Carol Cope UNK Scholarship program is to recruit and develop future leaders. Each year, four new students will be admitted to the program. Two will be designated Cope Business Leaders and must declare and remain in a major provided through the College of Business. The others can be in any other major and will be designated Cope Community Leaders. They will receive an annual award of $4,000 that will be applied to their tuition, fees and books. Must have a 25 ACT and a 3.75 GPA. Due March 1, 2020.
- The Supply Chain Management Scholarship provides support to incoming freshmen students pursuing a degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Supply Chain Management. Due March 1, 2020.
- The Nebraska Bankers Scholarship provides scholarship assistance to incoming freshmen students enrolled in the College of Business at the University of Nebraska at Kearney. First preference will be given to students who demonstrate a commitment to pursuing a banking-related career in Nebraska. Second preference will be given to students who demonstrate commitment to pursuing business careers in Nebraska. Preference is given to Nebraska resident students. However, non-resident students may apply. Due March 1, 2020.
- The Jay Hill Biology Scholarship is for entering freshmen who have declared a major in Biology. Preference is to first generation college students who have financial need. Due March 1, 2020.
- This Jay Hill Scholarship – Political Science Majors is for entering freshmen who have declared a major in political science. Preference is to first generation college students who have financial need. Due March 1, 2020.
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics-Rathe Scholarship Competition is looking for students who have chosen a major in either Mathematics, -Mathematics 7-12 Teaching Field Endorsement, Computer Science, or Physics. Due March 1, 2020.
- Department of Chemistry Scholarship is looking for students who are majoring in Chemistry. This is due March 1, 2020.
- Barbara Hurt-Simmons Student Leader Scholarship is looking for students who are admitted to UNK, have a 3.4 GPA or higher, and who have declared any major. This is due March 1, 2020.
- The UNK FBLA scholarship provides financial assistance to two incoming freshmen students enrolled in the College of Business & Technology at the University of Nebraska at Kearney. Due March 19, 2020.
- TRiO is another scholarship opportunity for students who are first generation, income eligible or students with a disability. The new application is not open yet, but please let me know if you may have some students interested in the scholarship. I have been in correspondence with the TRiO office to see when this application will open.
NECC Theatre Department Scholarpship / Deadline April, 30, 2020 / Information & Application
American Welding Society Scholarships (National, District, &/or Section) / Deadline March 1st / Information / Apply Online
2 Scholarships - Nebraska Society of Professional Engineers Scholarship and the Northeastern Chapter of the NSPE Scholarship / Deadline Feb. 1, 2020 / The instructions and application forms can be downloaded from the NeSPE website nspenebraska.org / Additional Information
2020-2021 Nebraska Poultry Education Scholarship / Nebraska residents, those attending school in Nebraska, or those interested in a career in poultry-based in Nebraska are encouraged to apply for the 2020-2021 Nebraska Poultry Education Scholarship / Application Link
UNMC Rural Health Professions Pathway Programs / Programs Information - Deadline Dec. 1, 2019 / RHOP & KHOP Programs Flyer / On-Line Link & Info.
Heisman High School Scholarship / Information & Application Online
National Honor Society Scholarship / NHS Scholarship Info and Application Online
- Applications are now being accepted for the NHS Scholarship! Remind your senior members in good standing to apply by December 6 to be considered. Before they can apply, your student applicants must create an NHS student account online. You’ll need to log into your account and verify each by checking the Verification box next to their name. Once you verify their accounts, they’re ready to get started on their applications! As an adviser, you are also required to certify each applicant’s NHS eligibility and academic standing in lieu of a recommendation. The deadline to submit your certifications is December 10. Questions? Email us at email@example.com.