Student Learning - Student Success - Students Prepared for Life
Welcome to the Cardinal Family!
Student Learning … Student Success … Students Prepared for Life is our vision statement and reflects a promise that each student leaves our school system prepared for college and career. Through strong partnerships with our community, students participate in a safe and supportive learning environment where each student is uniquely prepared and thrives academically, socially, and personally. Our learning environment consists of an early childhood center, five elementary schools (K-5), a middle school (6-8), and a high school (9-12).
South Sioux City Community Schools has a population of approximately 3850 students. Diversity is a strength we nurture and offers real-world experiences that prepare students for a global marketplace. Our students are excellent ambassadors of the school district and they represent the kind of servant leadership that positively contributes back to the community of South Sioux City. Cardinal Christmas Baskets, Cardinal Mentors, and Student Advisory Groups are all examples of leaders in action.
Our family of educators work in collaboration to ensure all students achieve at high levels of learning. In professional learning communities, teams of teachers identify what each student should know and be able to do well, agree on the level of performance students are expected to exhibit, and collect evidence that informs them that students are achieving at high levels of learning. Together, through our collaborative efforts, we continuously strive for a culture where academic excellence is the norm and that academic excellence defines who we are.
We hope you will take some time to explore the district’s website to see the wealth of information we offer our guests. The district’s curriculum, individual school profiles, and examples of our students’ performance are illustrated throughout the entire website. Please call our district office or any of our schools with questions you have about the programs we offer students.
- Press Release: New SSC Head Boys Track Coach, Al Carothers
- Press Release: New SSC Head Boys Soccer Coach, Rafael Monasterio
- 2014 "Back to School" Registration Event for all Schools
- Athletic Booster Club Golf Tournament - August 23rd
- 2014 Cardinal Power & Performance [High School - CPP] [Middle School- GUTS]
- New - Athletic Health Examination Form (Physical Form)
- College & Career Readiness – Connecting with the Community & Business Partners
- District Facility Study Information
- District Planning Process
- Cardinal Sports Schedule on RiverCitiesConference.org (R-School)
- Activity Scheduler User Guide
- Click here for Live Videos
- School News YouTube Channel - School News Episode - 5-22-14
10:00amAugust 4, 2014
12:00amAugust 7, 2014
12:00amAugust 8, 2014
12:00amAugust 11, 2014
July 9, 2014
May 14, 2014
September 18, 2012
Middle School Lunch
Spicy Garlic Chicken
over White Rice
High School Lunch