Student Learning - Student Success - Students Prepared for Life
Welcome to the Cardinal Family!
Student Learning … Student Success … Students Prepared for Life is our vision statement and reflects a promise that each student leaves our school system prepared for college and career. Through strong partnerships with our community, students participate in a safe and supportive learning environment where each student is uniquely prepared and thrives academically, socially, and personally. Our learning environment consists of an early childhood center, five elementary schools (K-5), a middle school (6-8), and a high school (9-12).
South Sioux City Community Schools has a population of approximately 3850 students. Diversity is a strength we nurture and offers real-world experiences that prepare students for a global marketplace. Our students are excellent ambassadors of the school district and they represent the kind of servant leadership that positively contributes back to the community of South Sioux City. Cardinal Christmas Baskets, Cardinal Mentors, and Student Advisory Groups are all examples of leaders in action.
Our family of educators work in collaboration to ensure all students achieve at high levels of learning. In professional learning communities, teams of teachers identify what each student should know and be able to do well, agree on the level of performance students are expected to exhibit, and collect evidence that informs them that students are achieving at high levels of learning. Together, through our collaborative efforts, we continuously strive for a culture where academic excellence is the norm and that academic excellence defines who we are.
We hope you will take some time to explore the district’s website to see the wealth of information we offer our guests. The district’s curriculum, individual school profiles, and examples of our students’ performance are illustrated throughout the entire website. Please call our district office or any of our schools with questions you have about the programs we offer students.
- The Summer Feed (lunch) in the HS Commons
- Marching Band Camp is August 3rd through August 7th from 9am to 1pm
- Accountability for a Quality Education System, Today and Tomorrow - A QuESTT for Nebraska!
- Click here to view the 2015 SSCHS Scholarship Winners
- Summer Feed SSC: FREE SUMMER MEAL
- Click here if you want to bid on upcoming projects or be added to our vendor list
- Statewide Vision Priorities - Northeast Nebraska Superintendents
- College & Career Readiness – Connecting with the Community & Business Partners
- District Facility Study Information
- District Planning Process
- Cardinal Sports Schedule on RiverCitiesConference.org (R-School)
- Click here for Live Videos
- Space Camp 2015 (Video)
- School News YouTube Channel - School News Episode 5-15-15
Find out More:
Middle School Lunch
High School Lunch